Senior Azure Cloud Operations Engineer
Senior Azure Cloud Operations Engineer
Drips enables brands to connect with consumers through AI-powered, Conversational Texting®. Backed by a proprietary natural language processing model, our platform has handled over half a billion humanized conversations to date, enabling us to deliver automation at a scale that no other competitor in the messaging industry has been able to match. That’s why we’re the platform of choice for some of the world’s most recognizable brands.
Drips’ focus on empowering brands to capture intent and drive meaningful conversations has sparked rapid growth since the company was founded in 2016, and Drips will nearly triple our 2019 sales this year. We are well funded and looking to accelerate the next era of growth and expansion of our team.
However, we’re more than just a high-growth company; we’re also a community. Even though we work remotely, we still embrace the core values that help us achieve personal growth. Every member of the Drips team has a direct impact on our company! If you want to love the product you work on, solve hard problems, and grow your career — we want to talk with you!
About this role
We are looking for a talented Senior Azure Cloud Operations Engineer to support its PaaS (Platform as a service) enterprise solution. You’ll be part of a cross-functional Scrum team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Senior Azure Cloud Operations Engineer, you will be focusing on designing solutions and developing automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes while overseeing and monitoring our entire Azure PaaS infrastructure. Successful candidates will have worked in Microsoft Azure environments leveraging services beyond basic Azure IaaS provisioning. You should also be a team player.
What you will be responsible for
- Support current Azure infrastructure and supporting applications
- Provide hands-on technical knowledge to design, deploy, and optimize large-scale, massively distributed fault-tolerant systems for Azure Paas architecture (app services, azure functions, logic apps, sql servers)
- Monitor system health and establish appropriate alerting thresholds and response procedures (App insights, centralized logging, and Azure Monitoring)
- Production support (monitoring, managing, cost analysis, etc.)
- Work with development team and key stake holders to create plan for monitoring Azure resources
- Prioritize and rapidly troubleshoot issues
- Work with developers to identify necessary Azure resources and automate their provisioning.
- Create and document disaster recovery plan
- Identify and correct any single point of failure
- Hands on experience with creating and managing Azure DevOps Pipelines yaml
- Hands on experience with using IaC Terraform
· Minimum 5+ years’ experience in scaling cost-effective Azure cloud hosted solutions
· Hands-on experience and proficiency with configuring and maintaining Azure PaaS offerings: Functions, App Services, App Insights, Logic Apps, Front Door, Service Bus, Cosmos DB, Azure Monitor/Alerts, Scale Sets, and SQL (MS), MySQL, Azure WAF, IaaS, KeyVault, Log Analytics, IAM
· Highly Proficient with Azure DevOps Pipelines (yaml preferred)
· Must have experience in IaC Terraform
· Unshakeable troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything and thrive when problem solving!
· Good understanding of Azure Cost management and cost savings
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
· Strong organizational and project management skills
Nice to have
· Sound knowledge of Azure Virtual Networking with knowledge of NSG’s and integrating azure products into them
· Microsoft Azure Certifications
· Prior experience working remotely
· Azure function, Front Door, App Service, Logic App, App Insights, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, WAF, Virtual Networks, Azure Monitor, Service Bus, MS SQL, MySQL, IaaS, Key Vault, IAM, Virtual Networks, NSG, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Log Analytics
· Azure DevOps
Drips core values are central to how each employee executes in their role daily and exceeds. Below are how we exceed in each core value.
We find the right mix between administration and simply doing things. Over complicating tasks can add time without providing benefit, however just doing things without a plan can add time when course correction is required. To exceed, we finish work in a timely manner while reviewing to make sure we are striking the right balance between the two. Implementing streamlining methods to existing processes ensure we evolve and stay lean.
Expressing passion daily is the desire to do the job but evolving in the job to expand beyond the base role and taking on additional projects and roles to help teams outside your own while maintaining your individual workload. Understanding that all of the activities we take are to enable our clients, and thus Drips as a whole
to be successful. Asking the question, “How is what I am doing today, enabling the success of my teammates and my clients”.
Finding the balance in both your personal and work life. Participating in group and team activities as you see fit but understanding that life is about more than just coming into the office daily. Drips has telecommute possibility available, overall wellness programs and additional benefits that assist. True enthusiasm for what we do is essential but comes from understanding the business overall and how we fit into it.
Never accepting the status quo and being entrenched in a process or workflow. Finding ways to streamline and innovate while bringing those improvements to leadership. Improvement also means understanding the anticipated benefit and it improves our daily working experience, your teammates and Drips Clients overall.
We support and assist our teammates, even if it is outside of our typical duties. We take on additional projects for their added value whether they impact your day-to-day work or not. Being part of a team involves being in close contact every day, respecting each other and the work we do is essential however to exceed in Team, we move outside of our direct team, to the company team as a whole and understand how we impact everything and the value we provide.